1. Cleaning old concrete must be rigorously cleaned to ensure proper adhesion of MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer to the old surface. In order to remove oil and grease you may pre-wash the surface with a hydrochloric acid/water mix.
2. Pressure Washing – Pressure wash thoroughly with a 3500PSI pressure washer. Note. This step is essential in order to ensure a proper bond.
3. Repairs Level any spalled areas, pits or cracks with MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer that has been mixed to a trowelable consistency. (Use approximately 1 part water to 7 parts Concrete Resurface, by volume.) Trowel on MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer level over areas to be repaired. Allow the repairs to hard before continuing to resurface the entire area.
1. Mix in a 20L bucket with a 12mm drill and paddle mixer.
2. Use approximately 3.5L of water for each 20kg bag.
3. Add the MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer powder to the water and mix for about 5 minutes to a lump-free, pourable consistency. If mix is too thick, add water SPARINGLY to reach the desired consistency. The correct consistency is obtained when a 270ml cup of MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer spreads to approximately 200mm when poured on a flat, non-absorptive surface. Larger quantities can be mixed using a mortar mixer.
1. Section off the work into areas no larger than 13m². It is essential that control joints and expansion joints are maintained. Use weather stripping or duct tape to prevent MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer from spilling into joints.
2. Saturate the surface with water from a hose, and then remove any standing water with a long handle industrial squeegee.
3. Pour MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer mixture from bucket on to surface.
4. Using the long handle squeegee spread the MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer mixture across the surface. Use the squeegee to scrub the material into the surface smoothly.
5. For a slip resistant professional finish, follow within five minutes with a large push broom, making full strokes across the entire distance of the current work area without stopping. If desired, a concrete edging tool can be used within 20 minutes of pouring.
6. For thicker applications, use additional thin layers of MaxPRO Concrete Resurfacer, building up to the desired thickness, or use a trowel-applied layer after the initial squeegee application. For trowel-applied mixes, reduce the water to approximately 2.9L per 20kg bag.